[Dragaera] Klava

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 22:20:31 PDT 2008

--- On Wed, 9/17/08, Eugene Zaretskiy <eugene.zar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not a connoisseur though, I'm
> merely more interested in coffee than the average consumer.

A fine distinction.

> I guess since Vlad started out with "first, you make
> coffee" (not exact quote, from memory) we just
> didn't think this
> through and just made coffee the regular way.

Okay, it's time for the quotation.

"You press coffee through a filter made of eggshells
and wood chips with vanilla bean, then reheat it so
it almost boils, then you pass it through a cloth to
remove any oils brought out by the reheating."

I wonder whether Vlad had been away from civilization
too long or hadn't had enough coffee and got the last
two steps backwards.  Once the coffee has been through
the cloth, I don't see why more oil would come out--
it's not in contact with the grounds any more--and
if you reheat it right before serving, it's painfully
I mean perfectly hot.

> > For a large group, you might only have to set it
> > up once.  Some research on reusing the filter is in
> > order.
> > Standing there at a con or meet-up...
>
> Never been to a con/meet-up

Me neither.  I was just imagining.