[Dragaera] If the Vlad books were made into a movie...

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Fri Sep 19 13:05:59 PDT 2008

Way too many sexy people in that list, IMO. Lady Teldra is a good example.
Her traits are elegance and refinement, along with a "likability" that is
infectious a (to non-Issola) preternatural ability to tell just what a guest
needs. She may actually be somewhat plain-looking. I'd picture someone like
Emma Thompson.

Cate Blanchett I'd pick for Zerika. She has that regal bearing that also
hides a playful nature and just a hint of the decadence at the heart of the
Phoenix.

Aliera IS supposed to be a sex symbol. She has to be one of the "beautiful
people" who is also fiery and can pull off being coy one minute and angry
enough to decapitate you the next. Her height might or might not matter,
depending on how the height issue is dealt with in the movie. I'm actually
going to go with Keira Knightly in this role. She's proven that she's got
the chops for it, I think.

Also, something that I think you're failing to realize about Kiera is that
she and Sethra are not that different. Sethra is the oldest person alive,
but she isn't old and wrinkled. You can't really have one person play Sethra
and another play Kiera. I actually think that Lucy Lawless could handle
this.

I can't imagine any name-brand actor in the role of Vlad. He'd just about
have to be some unknown who happened to fit the role exactly.

Rufus Sewell would be my pick for Morollan, particularly given that photo
clip you chose from _A Knight's Tale_.

In fact, I hate to say it but if I WAS to pick a name brand actor to play
Vlad, it probably would have been Heath Ledger.

For Noish-pa, William Hurt and you only have to see any of the episodes of
The Storyteller to understand why. *heh*

Cawti's tough - Here again, you need some intelligence, wit, and a special
kind of intensity but not neccesarily sexpot beauty. I almost think this
would have to be another role for a new discovery rather than an established
actress.