[Dragaera] Some speculation on Spellbreaker

Steve Rapaport steve at romlin.com
Fri Sep 26 07:52:46 PDT 2008

> > Just a comment that you missed an episode - in _Teckla_, when
> > Vlad is tortured and wishes to die, Spellbreaker wakes up.
>
> Another example is Lesson 8 of /Phoenix/, in which Spellbreaker heals the
> cut on Vlad's hand.
>
> Also, I believe there are multiple examples of Spellbreaker spontaneously
> changing its size.

I'm specifically concerned with times in which Spellbreaker takes the
initiative in something, not just changing its size or some other thing to
show it's magical.    So the hand-healing incident would be of interest if
Spellbreaker volunteers, but not if it just happens to be nearby and does
the job.  (I don't recall).

My thesis here is that it takes the initiative, effectively  becoming a
player, when destiny is involved.