[Dragaera] Some speculation on Spellbreaker

Steve Rapaport steve at romlin.com
Mon Sep 29 11:31:05 PDT 2008

I always took this one to be that Pathfinder was "lost" when it was hidden
inside the great clumsy sword Fornia stole in Dragon.

It "resurfaced" when it emerged in the battle between Aliera and Sethra the
Younger.

The prophecy was that Pathfinder and Godslayer would come to light around
the same time.   In this case they did within a year or two of each other,
which in Dragaeran years, is no time at all....

Steve the Younger

2008/9/29 Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>

> On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Michael Wojcik wrote:
>
>  Scott Schultz wrote:
>>

>  Here's my take on things. The metaphysical problems that prevented the
>>> destruction of Godslayer exist because it has never been "reassembled".
>>> There is only one time that Godslayer is created; that is when Vlad does
>>> so.
>>>

>> Interesting - but does that mean that Pathfinder was also created
>> during the battle with the Jenoine at the Lesser Sea? I'd understand
>> if Vlad missed that, but it'd be interesting to hear how it happened -
>> particularly since Pathfinder was already present in its assembled form.
>>

> Could just be that GS was only partially or arguably created at the time PF
> was created.  Or maybe PF really only works for Aliera and hence was
> in some sense created by her taking it.  (We know that holding PF meant
> immense power to the right person but maybe the finding aspect wasn't
> available.)

\Steve