[Dragaera] Vlad and the Undead

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Wed Oct 1 10:49:33 PDT 2008

From: Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>

> On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Scott Schultz wrote:
>

> >> Decataractate, maybe, or supercateractate.  Kieron is murdered by a group
> >> of Lyorns, right?  They aren't going to be interested seeing him be
> >> accorded the honor of going to Deathsgate, I would guess.
> >
> > I think you're underestimating the importance of Kieron to the populace as a
> > whole. Killing him would be one thing, if you could show that it was
> > neccesary and if the result was a handover of the Orb.
>
> Is he killed holding the Orb?  I thought Zerika wore it.

This is correct. Kieron himself was never emperor.

His murder was implied to be, in part, because he was planning to try and circumvent the Cycle and take up the Orb for himself. This is all in that same suspect conversation in Cahpter 9 of /Jhereg/, though, so it's hard to be certain how really "fixed" these events are.