[Dragaera] Current Financial Mess

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 12:09:33 PDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Kendra Vorenkamp <kdvorenkamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone else get the feeling of deja vu from having read Orca in regards
> to what's happening to the economy right now?   I think our Mr. Brust was a
> wee bit prophetic in his story of greed and market manipulation having the
> potential to bring down the country's if not the world's markets.  Any
> thoughts?

Isn't that just the normal failure mode of markets? It's especially
predictable when firms are leveraging themselves at ratios exceeding
30:1. I'd be more struck by the parallels if /Orca/ laid the blame at
the foot of politicians who were trying to buy votes from Tecklas in
ways that undermined the financial system... but the Empire is not
currently a Republic so that wouldn't happen.

-Max

--
"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a
man the right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and

Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.