[Dragaera] Nightslayer

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Mon Oct 6 08:30:18 PDT 2008

> *3. * *Mathematics* The set or configuration of all points whose
> coordinates
> satisfy a single equation or one or more algebraic conditions.

I find it interesting that you've mentioned how The Necromancer views Life,
Death, and Existence as a matter of engineering, and then ignored the one
definition of "locus" that relates specifically to engineering.

The Necromancer's view on Death - "It is sometimes inconvenient." She is all
about Life, Death, and Undeath as simply being different states of
existence. I'd suppose that she fully understands the mechanics behind
something like Miklos killing Verra or Morrolan killing Trinagore and those
two Gods being alive and well in the Halls of Judgement, yet unable to
manifest within the spheres of influence surrounding the places where they
are "dead".

In short, Nightslayer may not be about "locations" at all. Assuming for
argument's sake that it relates to Necromancy, it may be a kind of computer
that can "solve" for a particular state of existence and then terminate it.
Since we've had the discussion about Loraan recently, I'd hypothesize that
where Blackwand had troubles because Loraan was necromantically protected,
Nightslayer would destroy the protections or work its way around them.

This makes some sense, given the purpose of the Great Weapons. Pathfinder
leads you to the God. Nightslayer cuts off the God's exit strategy and
confines him/her to a single state of existence. (One of the hallmarks of
Deity is the ability to be in multiple places and times simultaneously.)
Godslayer negates the "aspect of Deity" (shades of Lord of Light!) and, if
the former God is still alive at that point, an ordinary knife between the
shoulder blades finishes the job.