[Dragaera] Nightslayer

Scott Crain s_thomas_crain at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 18:05:31 PDT 2008

I think that people are, in part, missing out on the fact that the Great Weapons were designed to work together to take the Gods out.  You wouldn't be able to find a God without Pathfinder; you might not be able to get through the hordes of defenders without Blackwand or Iceflame.  Getting past their defenses is apparently a beast unless you have Godslayer, which perhaps also removes the 'multiple places at one time' 'aspect of deity'.  Nightslayer ("Oooo, sounds dangerous and evil and like that...") -- properly (as we know) named 'loci for different levels of energy from various planes of existence' -- is perhaps designed to use the mathematical idea of 'loci', and be the solution for the level of energy present in a deity.

Or, to list:

Pathfinder gets you there.
Iceflame and Blackwand get you past the defenders.
Nightslayer nails the God down to one aspect/location.
Godslayer gets in and finishes the God off.

Undoubtedly other Great Weapons have roles ...

S. Thomas Crain

Author-in-Training