[Dragaera] Lady Teldra GW - What's in a name? (Was Re:Nightslayer)

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 17:06:17 PDT 2008

From: Scott Crain <s_thomas_crain at yahoo.com>
> Sethra sort of violates that.  But still -- try to come up with a catchy name
> for Nightslayer that utilizes its Serioli name ...

Since it seems to be akin to psychic powers as discussed by Daymar, how about "Thoughtkiller"? Maybe "MindSlayer"?

To me, however, it seems more like Nightslayer might be capable of doing seeking out different levels of existence, similar to how Pathfinder seeks out tangible things. Perhaps it would better be called "Deathfinder"?

To the left, the description, as given doesn't necessarily imply that it is a tool for seeking. Instead, it is possible that Nightslayer is simply THE CENTER (or Locus) for all Necromantic activity in the Universe. And since all great weapons are tied to fate, it might be named "Doombringer". How ironic would it be that a clueless youth like Telnan stumbleed upon the center of all fate in the universe? Then again, who else could possibly be trusted with that kind of power?