[Dragaera] The Enclouding

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 9 12:51:10 PDT 2008

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, Jon Lincicum wrote:

> From: Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
>>

>> On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, Jon Lincicum wrote:
>>
>>> the enclouding has been building up for 240,000 years or so.
>>
>> Do we have any reason to think this?  I do have a vague memory of
>> a comment about old paintings in Paarfi...
>
> As to whether or not there is any link between the build-up of the
> enclouding and use of Sorcery at all, I can only point to the non-canon
> /Dzurlord/ novel introduction as a source. This is certainly something
> that Steve could still change his mind about.

My point was that there may be factors limiting the growth of the
Enclouding, so that while the effect appeared gradually, it might be
greatly reduced in a short time by those sweeping effects which are
only overcome by the Paarfiad-current rate of production.  E.g. imagine
that above a certain density there is precipitation.