[Dragaera] The Jenoine and humans elsewhere

Eugene Zaretskiy eugene.zar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 18:43:45 PDT 2008

I can't remember any passages that would even remotely entertain
guesses to your questions. (I may be wrong, etc)

Then again, you may already be aware that you are asking for
completely fantastic guesses that aren't grounded by evidence... if
that's the case, who's to say that humans came to Draegera at all?
I've always liked the idea that the events in the book take place in
the far, far future of Earth, Book of the New Sun style. The mention
of humans from outer space might be a reference to space faring days
of yore and such, and less a factual statement. I've always thought
one of the goals of any writer was to connect to your readers in
subtle ways, something that's always drawn me to both Steve and Gene
Wolfe... so why not assume the books share that trait? Heck, I only
mention Wolfe but many a science fiction novel uses the "it doesn't
seem like Earth but it really is, in the far future/past" hook. I'm
all for it.

- EZ