[Dragaera] long-lived dragaerans

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Wed Oct 15 14:52:37 PDT 2008

From: J C <greyw01f at hotmail.com>

> So, we know of Sethra being, shall we say, somewhat old.
>
> And the Necromancer has a slight number of years beneath her belt, that's for
> sure.
>
> But Sethra is a vampire.  And the Necromancer is a demon.
>
> What/who are the Sorceress in Green, and Sethra the Younger, then?  If not StY,
> then definitely the SiG.
>
> Anyone got any ideas on any of these people?

Well, aren't most of these people wizards? And wizardry involves the study of necromancy. And Vlad states in Athyra that unconstrained Dark Water can be used to extend the life of a necromancer (and ergo, any Wizard). Additionally, Telnan states in /Dzur/ that Wizardry can be used to combine the effects of different arcane disciplines to achieve greater results than any single discipline alone.

Put together this might indicate that Wizards have the ability to extend their lives magically through the use of dark water and/or other heretofore undiscovered means.

For examples such as Arra and The Warlock, I can only surmise that there is some parallel to this dark water ability in Witchcraft.