[Dragaera] Hamlet quotes in Athyra -- Seasoned cheese.

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Thu Oct 16 19:09:30 PDT 2008

Jerry Friedman wrote:
> --- On Wed, 10/15/08, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> From: Jerry Friedman <jerry_friedman at yahoo.com>

>>> Speaking of which,
>>> a fourth may be "Aye, what he knows", which
>>>
>> we've been discussing.
>>
>> In Act II, Scene 1 of Hamlet, Reynaldo says:
>>
>> "Ay, my lord,
>> I would know that."
>>
>> Is this close enough? Or perhaps this, like the "bible
>> code" or Nostradamus, this is just a case of any two
>> works of sufficient length having some apparent similarities
>> if you bend things far enough.
>>

> It doesn't make me smile or groan, the way the others
> do.  Neither does "I wot he knows."  But the latter
> works for Philip and Ken, and yours may work for you,
> and unless we find nine unequivocal ones, "it works
> for me" will have to be good enough

Okay, how about this, then?

 From Hamlet, Act II, Scene 1:

Polonius:

Faith, no; as you may season it in the charge.
You must not put another scandal on him,

As compared to /Athyra/, Chapter 11, page 129 (omnibus):

"Yes," said the Master, "You may season the cheese. You must not put
another Scallion on it."

Is that a groan, I hear?