[Dragaera] Hamlet quotes in Athyra -- A leg wound itself is but a shadow.

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Sun Oct 19 17:23:49 PDT 2008

Maximilian Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> The small jhereg was staring at Savn, as if waiting to hear a report of his
>> examination. "The seam itself is but shallow," he said, imitating Master
>> Wag's tones, "yet his scar will go from his knee to his ankle..."
>>

> Argh!
>
> I can't help thinking that "Master Wag" is a funny name for a
> physicker--will that turn out to be part of a part too?
>
> [mutter mutter epileptic Shans mutter mutter

According to my searchable copy, the word "wag" appears twice in the
text of Hamlet, once in Act III, scene 4:

"What have I done, that thou dar'st wag thy tongue"

And once In Act V, Scene 1:

"Until my eyelids will no longer wag."

If there is a reference to either of these in /Aythra/, I have not yet
found it.