[Dragaera] Vassals

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Tue Oct 21 10:02:42 PDT 2008

From: Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
> On 10/21/2008 10:44:14 AM, lincicum at comcast.net wrote:
>
> >  This is a device apparently used by many Lords to stave off revolt, as
> >  Vlad seems to imply in Chapter 5. Invent a neighboring lord who is
> >  "so much worse" that your own dictator looks kind by comparison.
>

> So how popular is Vlad with his vassals?

I don't think we have enough information to say for sure.

The best hints would seem to be from the prologue to /Jhegaala/, and I'd say this really depends on how Noish-pa is handling things.

Given what we know about Noish-pa, however, I'd say the odds are pretty good that he's pretty well-liked. But that's just a guess. Nice guys don't always make effective rulers. Just look at Jimmy Carter.