[Dragaera] HMS Pinafore reference in Phoenix?

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Nov 3 21:11:53 PST 2008

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008, Jon Lincicum wrote:

> It was really the seafaring aspect of the beginning of /Phoenix/ that
> got me to thinking this might be more than just simple coincidence,
> but I can't really find anything else to back this up. Oh well.

It would make sense to collect odd sentences/phrases from the Texts -
I had noted several of the Hamlet quotes in _A_ as being awkward or
surprising, but hadn't thought to systematically investigate them
(not that I would have come up with e.g. the scallion quote ref).
If there are individual Texts besides _A_ with several such unexpected
configurations of words, we might have an easter egg hunt.