[Dragaera] Red Harvest and Jhegaala

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 16 16:48:17 PST 2008

I haven't seen /Yojimbo/ or /Fistful of Dollars/, but as
I recall /Red Harvest/, it has a similar feel to
/Jhegaala/--goodish guy walks into town and everyone in
sight turns out to be a bad guy just waiting for his
appearance to start slaughtering each other.  I can't
remember any similarities in the plot, though.  I
don't /think/ the Continental Op got captured.

Stop me if you've heard or said this before.  (I didn't
read /Jhegaala/ till last month, so I skipped all the
posts about it.)  Isn't it strange that the priest of
Verra acts much like a Christian clergyman?  Vlad
points out that a priest of Verra shouldn't be so
ostensibly kind and gentle.  This made me wonder
whether Steven was borrowing the plot from some source
that had a Christian clergyman, either from some real
(very bizarre) incident or from fiction.

Jerry Friedman