[Dragaera] Vlad's evolution

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 03:44:12 PST 2009

A comment from another conference:

"I didn't really care for Vlad's bullying of humans in Dzur nor the
very bleak tone of the most recent book Jhegaala. Then, it hit me how
the latter shows his development in the books set chronologically
later. In the earlier books in the series, Vlad talks a lot about how
Dragaerans, even the ones he likes, are scum. Notably, after
experiencing cruelty from fellow humans in Jhegaala, he generally
stops making such comments and is more willing to judge them by the
same standards as humans. This also explains his behavior towards
humans in Dzur- for better or worse, Vlad now treats everyone equally.
-Jordan"

-Max

--
"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a
man the right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and

"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my
brethren, ye have done it unto me."