[Dragaera] Reading series

Jeffrey Kiok blackbird0 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 13:26:18 PST 2009

Being a rabid Dune fan myself, I feel a bit compelled to interject.

While I agree, Maraget, that Brust has much better continuity than the
Herberts, I do think, in fairness to Frank Herbert, it should be
pointed out that there are two Herberts you're talking about, and I
think many a Dune fan rates the one far higher than the other.

I think (thought) that Frank Herbert's sixth book ended the series
masterfully, and that his son essentially created a new storyline
(destroying the old one) in order to create the seventh and eighth
book in the series.

-Jeff