[Dragaera] Reading series

Margaret Young myoung at albion.edu
Mon Jan 19 19:46:11 PST 2009

I am not particulary familiar with Erikson's work — is his style
similar to either Brust or Herbert? Is he more charactger driven or does
he focus on world creation?

Margaret

Margaret Young wrote:

> Anyway, one of the joys of Brust to me is that his work continues to
be
> a joy. Indeed I find myself reading at least as carefully the fifth
or
> sixth time through as I did the first.
>
> Which in my mind is one of the things which distinguishes one level
of
> writing from another.

That's why I'm reading (and re-reading) Steven Erikson; he's shown
himself to be better at keeping control of a huge, EPIC story than
Robert Jordan or George RR Martin managed.  (He's also a faster
writer.)

Konrad Gaertner - - - - - - - - - - - - email: kgaertner at tx.rr.com
http://kgbooklog.livejournal.com/
         Future Member of Ben Franklin's Undead Pixy Army