[Dragaera] So I finally finished "Sethra Lavode"...

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 15:39:04 PST 2009

--- On Mon, 2/9/09, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:
> Celti wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 15:34, Jon Lincicum
> <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >> All of this assuming that Morrolan's soul is
> not destroyed first, obviously.
> >>
> >> Say, by Godslayer. While attempting to defend the
> life of his Demon Goddess from Vlad.
> >>
> >> Majikjon
> >>

> > It seems to me that Vlad has enough distaste for the
> destruction of
> > souls, that were he to attempt to slay Verra. he would
> learn to
> > control Godslayer enough to prevent that sort of
> thing; defending
> > one's goddess from destruction does not strike me
> as something Vlad
> > would consider meriting the destruction of a soul.
> >

> He might not have much of a choice. Morrolan holds a Great
> Weapon himself. Destroying Morrolan's Soul might be the
> only way to neutralize Blackwand and get past him to get at
> Verra.

You seem to be envisioning two possibilities here: Morrolan
protects Verra from Vlad, or Vlad protects Verra from
Morrolan.  Which is cooler?

I'll only say that Vlad's sword is not called Godprotector.

On the other hand--I'm now trying to imagine why Morrolan
would want to hurt Devera.  She's better at killing
Jenoine?

Jerry Friedman