[Dragaera] Tsira's cottage

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Thu Feb 12 11:58:08 PST 2009

As today is the 200th anniversary of the birth of one of America's
greatest statesmen and leaders, of whom it has often been apocryphally
stated that he was "born in a log cabin that he built with his own two
hands", I offer the following excerpt from /Sethra Lavode/ for amusement
and reflection on this auspicious day.

-----

/Sethra Lavode/ p233:

Piro: "And a splendid cabin it is, too."

Tsira: "Do you think so? That is kind of you. I was born in it, you
know, and so it has some tradition behind is, and, moreover, I built it
with my own hands, and so it is a matter of some pride."

"I understand," said Piro. "But please go on," he added, not wishing to
consider too closely what he had just been told.

-----

Also, if MaM is reading, it is my humble opinion that this might be a
good reference for the Jokes & Allusions page on C&S. Just sayin'.