[Dragaera] Dragaeran Timeline updated

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Sun Aug 2 09:52:08 PDT 2009

> Nice work, Alexx --
>
> Has anyone addressed the question of how the Cycle can be part of the
> fundamental nature of the universe when it long predates the 17 Houses?
> (It's far later that 31 tribes are reduced somehow to 17 Houses.  What did
> the Cycle look like before that?)
>
> Steve the Younger

Not definitively.  There seem to me to be a few major possibilities here:

!) The Cycle has always been part of the fabric of the Universe, and the
creation of the Dragaeran Empire was merely the unfolding of immutable
Destiny.

1a) The Cycle was created at some historical moment, but was woven into
the fundamental fabric of the Universe at that time.  Due to the wonky
nature of Time when gods are involved, and the observed existence of
something approximating time travel (Devera's antics), it is possible
that, despite being created during the Universe's lifetime, it was
nonetheless 'retconned' to exist from the beginning of time.

2) Paarfi is full of it.

Alexx

"Anti-ninjas were the most feared assassins in the world.  Instead of
 appearing out of thin air, throwing metal stars and messing around
 with bo staffs and nunchuks they simply shot people and then drove
 everyone mad with pointless conspiracy theories for years afterwards."
      --From "N-Man #3"