[Dragaera] Kindle and SKZB

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Tue Dec 8 05:39:35 PST 2009

Johne Cook wrote:
> The best thing about Kindleized books, imo, has nothing to do with a Kindle.
>
> I read Kindle ebooks on my iPhone. It's fast, painless, and very handy. I'd
> love to have Steve's books in my pocket with me at all times.

Yep, the light-weight portability is the big win for ebooks!  I read
them on my Mogul HTC phone, my Nokia N800 tablet, or (more formerly) my
Palm TX.  Easier to read while eating dinner or petting a cat, too,
since I can easily hold the book and turn pages with one hand.  The
small page size doesn't matter to me since they respond instantly to the
button push to advance.   And, as you say, having a few hundred books on
the memory card means never having to say "I don't have anything to read"!

The one clear downside I've found is I can't read below 10,000 feet
(when the cabin attendants tell everybody to turn off their electronic
gadgets).

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info