[Dragaera] /Iorich/ Question *SPOILER*

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Sun Jan 10 10:15:21 PST 2010

Bryan Newell wrote:
> Spoiler space
>
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> 6
> 7
> 8
> 9
> 10
> 11
> 12
> 13
> 14
> 15
> 16
> 17
>
> Who was the woman who delivered the Left Hand's threat to Vlad?  Vlad acted
> as if he knew her (or of her), so I feel like I should have known who (or
> what) she was.
>
> Bryan

Vlad says he "didn't recognize her", but new instantly "what she was".

To me, this just says that she was instantly recognizable as being from
the Left Hand. I don't think he was trying to imply that the individual
herself had any more significance than just her obvious association with
that group.

If she'd been someone he'd met before (say, in /Dzur/) I would think
he'd have phrased this differently.