[Dragaera] Iorich ***SPOILERS****

Jon%20Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Mon Jan 11 13:39:37 PST 2010

From: "Philip Hart" <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
To: "SKZB List" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 1:08:42 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [Dragaera] Iorich ***SPOILERS****

>> Jhereg are still going to want his soul destroyed. He needs to either
>> make peace with, or destroy, the *entire* "Organization" -- or die, of
>> course.
>
>Maybe, a la _Jhereg_, he could let (for some definition of "let") himself
>be morgantied, satisfying the letter of the Jhereg law, but survive.

I seriously doubt this would be good enough.

As far as I see it, the only way Vlad could ever really be free of the Jhereg threat would require him to render services to House Jhereg that would prevent its utter destruction. (And to have such action noticed at a very high level of Jhereg leadership.)

Or to die, of course.

The problem is, the Jhereg currently see both of these as essentially the same thing. Vlad, in dying, will provide the object lesson that will prevent other upstart criminals from thumbing their nose at the Organization, and cause it, eventually, to fall apart.

It's up to Vlad to save the House in such a way that he doesn't have to die in the process. Difficult, when the House is out to kill you. I'm interested to see if/how this could occur.