[Dragaera] Iorich ***SPOILERS****

Patrick Spinler pspinler at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:46:21 PST 2010

Scott Schultz wrote:

> In the end, if the Council can be convinced to drop the vendetta, then
> the rank and file will fall into line also, simply because it will be
> unprofitable to pursue it. Only a very idealistic boss who insisted on
> doing it on principle would be the sort to continue to pursue the vendetta.

Not likely.  I note that the council was willing to start another Dragon
Jehreg war, with the full expectation of loosing it, in the Mellar
situation.  The Demon more or less explicitly said that they Jehreg
*must* kill Mellar, 'lest every two bit thief thinks they can take on
the Jehreg, because eventually, some of them will get away with it.

Further, Vlad himself *agreed* with this logic.

Finally, Vlad wasn't a council member - he was a mid level manager.
This implies that all the mid level managers, or at least large numbers
of them, will agree with this logic.

Vlad knew all of this, and *still* went and betrayed the Jehreg.

In the end, I don't see any part of the Jehreg organization doing
anything other than putting a permanent shine on Vlad.  Essentially the
entire, certainly the majority, of the midlevel and up Jehreg agree with
this.

- -- Pat