[Dragaera] Cover art for Iorich

Kenneth Gorelick pulmon at mac.com
Mon Jan 11 17:09:29 PST 2010

On Jan 11, 2010, at 4:11 PM, Howard Brazee wrote:

> I don't think it's a spoiler to discuss the cover of Iorich.
>

> Those teeth seem oddly designed, with the top teeth curved outward, and the bottom teeth curved inward.    Does any real animal have teeth like that?    I imagine for them to work well, the jaw can move in and out.

I never thought of the Iorich as a dangerous animal. I actually thought that there was a pun, and the creature had a skull-like head. In America today we (or at least I, to generalize from one example) view Justice as just another tool of power. It does not exist abstractly, although our constitutional system does have certain theocratic tendencies about it...