[Dragaera] Iorich ***SPOILERS****

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Tue Jan 12 06:27:47 PST 2010

I posit the following: as long as Vlad is visibly fleeing for his life
from a Morganti death sentence, the Council can plausibly say "That's not
exactly 'getting away with' anything, is it?"  The previous time he came
back to Adrilankha was only for a few weeks, and he was in disguise for
most of that time.

Of course, by the end of _Iorich_, he's been in town for over a month, has
*not* been in disguise, and has been publically seen hanging out at Court
and staying in a fancy hotel.  If my theory about the Council's attitude
is correct, they have to be *really* steaming, and amping up their
resources against Vlad.

Alexx

"A translation is like a mistress --
 it is either ugly and faithful, or beautiful and unfaithful."
      -- old Russian proverb