[Dragaera] Iorich NO SPOILERS

Eugene Zaretskiy eugene.zar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 08:48:57 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM,  <mtiller at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Hi Eugene,
>
> He doesn't say to Keira that Sethra would know, it's a comment to the reader.

Ah, thanks. Well, that changes the wording of my example, but I don't
see how that makes Vlad's comment make no sense to an uninformed
reader. They might scratch their heads because it seems like a strange
thing to think at the time, but Vlad's a strange guy. Every book in
the series, including _Jhereg_, is filled with references to people
and events that the reader may not know about, depending on which book
they started with.

New sample breakdown:

Vlad asks a question.
Kiera says she doesn't know.
Vlad says to himself: my friend Sethra would know.

I'm still not seeing how this makes Iorich worse of a first read than
anything else in the series.

--
Eugene Z
http://blog.eugenez.net