[Dragaera] Iorich NO SPOILERS

Jon%20Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Fri Jan 15 10:49:49 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eugene Zaretskiy" <eugene.zar at gmail.com>
To: mtiller at ntlworld.com
Cc: "SKZB List" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 8:29:48 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [Dragaera] Iorich NO SPOILERS

>That seems to make sense to me from an uninformed perspective. If you
>know that Sethra == Kiera, then you ALSO know that Vlad means
>something quite different from what the text on the page says: He's
>(mistakenly) asking her to drop her guise and just answer the damn
>question.
>
>Maybe I am misremembering or misunderstanding.

Something I would love to see is a future Vlad novel where each chapter is a discrete episode from some point in Vlad's past that he may (or may not) have alluded to in one of the existing books. Basically, 17 short stories starring Vlad Taltos.

I have no idea if it would be possible to wring enough consistency out of such a conglomeration of disparate tales to make a good novel. (Perhaps by tying together the stories around a central theme of some kind? Showing some kind of progression of Vlad's character?) But I'd love to read it if it could be made to work.

This would be a wonderful way to fill in a lot of the "missing bits" of Vlad's past that may not warrant a full novel of their own; but nevertheless help to round out his story.