[Dragaera] SPAM-LOW: Re: Small Stuff *Minor Spoiler*

mtiller at ntlworld.com mtiller at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 17 17:14:30 PST 2010

Didn't he talk about sleeping with a Dragerean tag at one point something about it feeling like beastiality?

Mark
---- Dusty Sayers <dusty at sayersnet.com> wrote:

Jon Lincicum wrote:
> Grayson Protector wrote:
>> Spoiler Space
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>>
>> New to list, so I hope this hasn't been asked.  Vlad mentions that he
>> slept
>> with a Dragaeran.  I do -not- remember this and am re-reading
>> something else
>> right now.  Who'd he sleep with and which book was it in?  Or has it not
>> been detailed as yet?
>>

> Actually, what he said was he'd had "a lover" who was "a Dragaeran".
>
> And I just assumed he was referring to Teldra.
>
> I don't think it involved actual sex; he was just talking about the
> bond between GW and holder.
>
> Majikjon

That was my first thought, too, but I've been re-reading the Vlad books
since Iorich came out (and it arrived just as I was finishing Phoenix,
so I read it between Phoenix and Athyra), and as I read Athyra and Orca,
I noticed the Issola minstrel in Athyra and Vlad, in Orca, asking Savn
if he'd had a crush on the minstrel and saying that he (Vlad) had a
little crush on her, too.  At the very end of Orca, Vlad even says that
there is a minstrel near Savn's village that he would like to see
again.  Of course, that minstrel was pretty disgusted with Vlad at the
end of Athyra, but perhaps Vlad changed her mind at some point.

I suppose that--as with so many hints in these books--it could go either
way, until some future book (possibly) clears it up for us.

--
J A Dusty Sayers

Home Page http://www.sayersnet.com/~dusty/
Rescue the Princess http://www.sayersnet.com/~dusty/rescue/

'That an equal participation in the free navigation of the Mississippi, is one of the inherent rights of the citizens of this State; it cannot, therefore, be conceded to any prince, potentate, power, person or persons whatever.'

     --Constitution of the State of Tennessee, Article I, section 29