[Dragaera] not really a spoiler, i don't think...

andy bonham15 at cox.net
Mon Jan 18 01:53:28 PST 2010

here is a bit of the list's old fashioned pararectal reasoning again I
wanted to toss up at all the big brains out there, specially since I don't
think I've contributed anything in a few years other than some good, solid
fingerpointing at my computer screen....

to what extent is the cycle cushioning and protecting Vlad right now?  With
the jhereg at the bottom, would this not only affect the perceived power of
the house (and the real, I suppose),  but also their actual effectiveness?
such as would profit margins on their games go down as their place in the
cycle receded? more prone to making decisions as a house and potentially on
an individual basis, that just simply aren't as effective?  To what degree
would the Cycle itself affect the ability of 'normal' members of house
jhereg to make the correct decisions on when and where to place a shereba
game?  More botched assassinations due to little twists of fate like
tripping over the cute little kitten as you step up to finalize someone?

andy