[Dragaera] Some meditations on Iorich plot issues *Spoilers*

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Jan 18 21:41:04 PST 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, Patrick Spinler wrote:

> spoilage ...
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> 6
> 7
> 8
> 9
> 10
> 11
> 12
> 13
> 14
> 15
> 16
> 17
> 18
> 19
> 20
> 21
> 22
> 23
> 24
> 25
> 26
> 27
> 28
> 29
> 30

What's 30?

> *) Speaking of Norathar as warlord - why was she in her office enough
> for Vlad to so easily find her?  Or asked another way, why was Aleria at
> Castle Black so much that that's where Norathar and the guard was sent
> to arrest her, instead of being at the warlord's office?

I hadn't thought the following through, so I appreciate the question.

Consider that Norathar has only been a Dragon for a few years; that Aliera
stood at her father's right hand while he was the heir and held the most
vital military point in the Empire; that Norathar started on the job
during a crisis of less military than political import, and one which
involves many broken lines of communication and authority, and no
allowed neither transition nor warning period; that Aliera is her
friend, as is Zerika; and it should be clear that Norathar is sleeping
in the office because she's desperately trying to come up to speed,
whereas Aliera would know that there was no reason to stay past whatever
5 o'clock is in the Empire and would not deign to exert herself in her
own defense in any case.