[Dragaera] Athyra on jhereg color

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Tue Jan 26 07:16:30 PST 2010

> Even more surprising is the magic he does.  Spell on Savn, and his
> parents; light spell in the caves; teleport.  Never mind the casual mind
> control magic... he's being pretty willing to take the Phoenix stones
> off, and usually doing it without being noticed.

This leaped out at me the last time I read it.  After careful analysis, I
came to the conclusion that Vlad must have gotten hold of (or at least
believed he had gotten hold of) a potent protection other than the amulet.
 Subsequently, he must have abandoned this method, though there isn't
enough information to know exactly when or why.  (Or even what it was in
the first place.)

Alexx

"A successful tool is one that was used to do something
 undreamed of by its author."