[Dragaera] _Iorich_ random brief comments (spoilers!)

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 26 11:25:59 PST 2010

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

> On 1/26/2010 9:42 AM, Alexx Kay wrote:
>>> Pg. 68 - "they have taken Pathfinder from me" - this is a weird
>>> formulation - no one else can touch Pathfinder, for one thing.
>>>
>> Really?  I mean, under most circumstances, it would be suicidally dumb,
>> but I don't recall anyone saying it's impossible.

Well, ok.  And I don't know how much faith to put in Vlad's comment about
touching another's GW in _Issola_, or emphasis on "touch" as noted just
below.

> I don't know how magic the sheaths are, or how thoroughly sheath-trained the
> Great Weapons might be.
>
> However, if I were assigned the job of arresting Aliera and removing
> Pathfinder from her custody in this situation, I would approach it by
> politely asking her to set Pathfinder aside and come with me. That might be
> survivable, especially if she was expecting something like it.

That's what I imagined.  Aliera wasn't warned iirc, which means she might
not choose the best path, so to speak.  Still I can imagine her handing
the sword to Morrolan for safe-keeping, but then "taken" seems odd.  "They
insisted that I relinquish [better word here] PF when I was arrested".