[Dragaera] _Iorich_ random brief comments (spoilers!)

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 26 13:26:55 PST 2010

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Alexx Kay wrote:

>>> B) He probably knows about some unethical behavior in her past that he
>>
>> B) was true before - A) is unclear to me.
>
> B being true before doesn't make it less true now, so I don't see the
> objection.

I think he says, I'm now able to mess with her.  No search inside
currently for _Iorich_.

>>> Not that I disagree, but do you happen to remember where we learn this?
>>> know she's willing to do it under sufficient provocation (e.g Kana).
>>
>> In an early Vladiad book I think - I seem to recall a conversation about a
>> crime including the comment, "Zerika is a reborn Phoenix and so won't
>> take your head".  Maybe I'm wrong.  And certainly Kana disproves the
>> claim.
>
> When I have more time, I will check.  It wouldn't surprise me at all to
> find something like "...won't take your head without a better reason than
> this" or "...for such a small offense."

Ok, thanks to Search Inside:

Book of Athyra, pg. 410 (aka somewhere in _Orca_): "[...] Shortisle loses
his job, because the Empress is a reborn Phoenix and doesn't take people's
heads for incompetence."

So I'm wrong.

> Norathar feel better" sounds any more plausible.  As I wrote a while back,
> I think that the escape was meant to be a prelude to Aliera taking actions
> to clear her name, and incidentally short-circuit the Jhereg/Orca
> conspiracy.

I don't understand how making her a fugitive helps that, will have to
reread your earlier comments, got kind of swamped.