[Dragaera] Teleport Shipping

Ray Lee ray at madrabbit.org
Thu Jan 28 08:47:37 PST 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Ken Koester <kkoester at email.ers.usda.gov>wrote:

> It would take something for teleportation to approach the efficiency of
> water transport for bulk transport of goods.  You'd have to get sorcerors
> who could pitch tons of goods for coppers, I'm betting, before it would pay
> off on most items.

<nod> There's also an open question of how easy it is to draw upon the orb
from outside it's vicinity. TextEv shows that the orb's presence is stronger
the closer you get to it, so it may be a reasonable assumption that it's
harder to draw upon its power the farther away you are from it. Though that
IS an assumption, given I can't recall any TextEv to support that
conclusion.

Regardless, isn't there a passage in _Phoenix_ where Vlad asks Zerika who
rules, and she responds something about how soon sorcerers may get so good
with teleportation that it may soon take over shipment of goods? (_Phoenix_
doesn't appear to be available via Amazon's Search Inside tool, or else I'd
check myself.)

~r.