[Dragaera] Jhereg genetics

Steve Rapaport steve.rapaport at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 18:01:06 PST 2010

On 3 February 2010 01:42, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Maximilian Wilson wrote:
>
>  Iorich spoilers.
>>
>> have instant round-the-clock hit squads ready, or if he does he
>> doesn't think there's anything he can do about it.
>>

> Does he need to do anything about the one-lone-assassin threat, though?

I don't think the problem is in the size of the hit squad, it's in the
preparation.  Since he doesn't have regular movements or a predictable place
to be, and most of his movements are untrackable, the only way to get to him
is to set him up.  They tried this in Perisil's office, so they're on the
case.

Even a single, obsessive, lone assassin with enough magic ability to notice
when Vlad's taken off the amulet, detect and trace the teleport, and follow
him there, still has no preparation for where he might find himself, how to
take Vlad off-guard, and how to escape afterward.  As Vlad himself often
points out, it's all about the preparation.

Vlad's usual method lately is to keep denying them this preparation
opportunity.