[Dragaera] [Orca spoiler] Rereading Taltos...

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 5 13:57:28 PST 2010

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010, Damien Sullivan wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 04:29:36PM +0000, Jon%20Lincicum wrote:
>
>> If Kiera was watching Vlad from an early age, why couldn't Sethra have
>> cured Vlad's father with sorcery, rather than letting him die?
>
> Not clear to me that Kiera was watching Vlad that closely.

She eats, or anyway sits, in his restaurant during his father's lifetime -
the incident with the blade at the back of his neck iirc.  That would
suggest her having been around a fair amount.

> Conversely, Vlad's father had a way out: his witch father could have
> cured him.

Excellent point.

Also there's the question of Vlad's mother.  I would expect Verra at least
had her eye on the whole family, even before Vlad's birth - she probably
set up his parents.