[Dragaera] [Orca spoiler] Rereading Taltos...

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 6 07:55:08 PST 2010

--- On Fri, 2/5/10, Ray Lee <ray at madrabbit.org> wrote:
> Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>
> > Why?    Such contact could have gone many
> directions - Sethra pays
> > attention to lots of people, and Kiera (I keep wanting
> to spell my
> > granddaughter Kyra's name), could contact any of
> them.     With out 20-20
> > hindsight, I don't see any of us questioning that.
> >

> Surely Aliera or Morrolan would have made more sense for
> Kiera to know than
> the reclusive, spoken of in whispers, Enchantress of Dzur
> Mountain.

I was thinking more of what Steve had decided than what
we should have noticed.  In fact, I didn't think about
the point that Kiera took Vlad to be healed at Dzur
Mountain (taking your word for it--I don't have a copy
of /Jhereg/ any more).  Maybe it is evidence that Steve
already had the Kiera-is-Sethra plan.  But maybe it's
just that Sethra is Cool and he wanted to work her into
the book, which is a vehicle for as much Cool Stuff as
possible.  And Sethra and Kiera are both mysterious, so
why shouldn't they know each other?

Jerry Friedman