[Dragaera] Orca Reconsideration 1

Tom Foolery tomasfoolery at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 13:04:09 PST 2010

>   The list of shape-shifters we know of includes gods, demons, were-beasts in the Paths of the Dead, and Sethra Lavode.  This suggests that one way (possibly the only known) to shape-shift is to be from the Paths of the Dead (or one of the types of being that lives there).  This might be related to the ability to be in many places at once, etc.  Divine abilities can be passed on (including being able to leave the Paths), though they all might not be active without being "taught" godhood, or only usable in certain places (such as Devera being able to be in other places and times while unborn in the Paths), so I suggest Sethra's
>  power is of similar origin.

Pardon me if this was covered before, but to me the implications of
this paragraph and Vlad seem kind of staggering - especially
considering he isn't, by nature an Easterner, supposed to be able to
ever go there.

What role would Vlad play in the Sethra-as-Merlin story idea?  Does he
even have a role?

Wow, this is a terrific line of thought, it really has my mind rolling.

Tomas