[Dragaera] Orca Reconsideration 1

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 8 07:47:21 PST 2010

> On 6 February 2010 01:43, Sean Whalen <stlatos at yahoo.com>
> wrote:

> Going back to the real-world origins of
> Dragaera, it has been said that Adrian Morgan created
> Piara in part to tell
> a variation of the Arthur story (presumably medieval
> literary versions and
> later ones based on them) with Zivra ( >>
> Zerika) as a female Arthur who
> obtained a sword
>  (Nightslayer) and reclaimed the Orb (analogous
> to a crown), and thus the Empire.

Where are you getting this interesting information about
the Piarra RPG?

Incidentally, though Adrian Morgan certainly might
have had Arthur specifically in mind, the oldest myth
I know about the unknown fostered heir is that of
Theseus.

> This likely means Sethra was a female version of Merlin.  The
> implications of this are vast.

For instance, she may fall in love with someone much
younger (heh) who magically imprisons her in a cave.
Any candidates?  You said in another post that Vlad
probably didn't have an Arthurian role, but...

I'm kidding--I know you're not proposing that the
story will continue like King Arthur's.  For
instance, I'm not expecting to see Zerika's reign
end in civil war because Laszlo has been having
an affair with her greatest warrior (Aliera?).

Jerry Friedman