[Dragaera] Thoughts on age and experience on Dragaera

Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM
Mon Feb 8 10:00:46 PST 2010

Could it be the genetic manipulation based upon the animals from which
Dragaerans were developed?  Leaving aside dragons*, it's possible that
developmental learning was degraded from the humans when they were
spliced with local DNA.

* Okay, dragons and perhaps athyra.  Beyond those two, what evidence is
there that any of the other animals used to form the Houses have a high
intelligence?

If I gave it some thought, I could likely come up with other reasons as
to why it takes so long for a Dragaeran to develop mentally.  We must
base our understanding in human terms and lifespans.  If humans lived
for thousands of years, it is possible our developmental functions would
be different as well.  (We can really only speculate on this one, unless
one of you knows someone who's been around for a while...:)

Chris