[Dragaera] Orca Reconsideration 1

Sean Whalen stlatos at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 10 14:28:46 PST 2010

--- On Tue, 2/9/10, Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Dragaera] Orca Reconsideration 1
To: "Sean Whalen" <stlatos at yahoo.com>
Cc: dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2010, 8:30 PM

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Sean Whalen <stlatos at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1.   Sorcerous spell.

> 2.  Complex long-lasting illusion.

> 3.  In _Taltos_, Kragar says Sethra is a shape-shifter.

4.) Having multiple bodies, a la The Necromancer.

  Being able to exist in more than one place at once does not imply
possessing multiple bodies (it seems the evidence shows that they
can exist in more than three dimensions, including time, levels of
existence, etc.).  Even if they had more bodies, they all look the same
(so far as we've seen; Verra, the other gods).  Sethra has never been
in the same place as Kiera, which would have been useful in _Jhereg_
(and, conventiently, no one ever tried to get into psychic contact with
Sethra when Kiera was involved in their planning session to try to get
her help (which would have been useful, since Aliera couldn't use the
magic they wanted after she was dead)), implying there's only one body.

  So far, I've seen no ev. either that Sethra is able to exist in more than
one place at once or possesses multiple bodies.