[Dragaera] Pararectal ideation on the Undead

Ray Lee ray at madrabbit.org
Fri Feb 12 16:24:42 PST 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:03 AM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net> wrote:

> > By your definition, Vlad, Morrolan, and Aliera would all be "undead". Yet
> > Aliera and Morrolan both hold Imperial Offices... QED, they are not
> > considered undead, as there are rules against that sort of thing. (Of
> > course, Sethra was allowed to be Warlord fairly recently, so obviously
> > there can be exceptions to this...)
>
> The gods may choose to make exceptions....

We're losing track of basic textev here. Aliera and Morrolan both have the
blood of gods running through their veins. It's strongly implied in _Taltos_
that Vlad does too, or is already an outlier because of being an Easterner.

> *I* wouldn't want to be the one assigned to tell Sethra she couldn't serve
> the Empire in the most suitable position.

She may not have been dead at that time, merely 200,000 years old. There's
no telling what being part of the rock of Dzur Mountain can do as a youth
treatment.

~r.