[Dragaera] Pararectal ideation on the Undead

Jon%20Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Wed Feb 17 13:39:24 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Damien Sullivan" <phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu>
To: dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:30:18 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [Dragaera] Pararectal ideation on the Undead

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 08:43:05AM -0800, Scott Schultz wrote:

>>> Voluntarily? Where's that from?
>>
>> I don't have a citation handy. Sethra talks about once again becoming
>> part of the rock of Dzur Mountain. The implication is that she's done
>
>Ah. I took that line as literal phasing/stasis, not dying.

I always took that line to mean that Sethra originally /came/ from the rock of Dzur Mountain... Not that she ever goes back into that state.

As far as her death being voluntary, while I consider the idea plausible, I don't think there's any textev that favors this theory over the idea that she died involuntarily.

Perhaps she died at the hands of the Jenoine (during the mentioned-but-no-details-available attack on the Greater Sea of Chaos?), or at the hands of one of her apprentices (all of whom other than Sethra the Younger had tried to kill her), or even tripping and falling down one of those Verra-be-dammed staircases in Dzur Mountain.

Sethra is an enigma wrapped in a riddle wrapped in a puzzle wrapped in a mystery, marinated in incomprehensible mysticism for 250,000 years, and then served cold.

I just don't think there's enough to say one way or the other on any of this.

Sure is fun to speculate, tho.