[Dragaera] An alternative solution to the Mellar problem

Eugene Zaretskiy eugene.zar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 13:32:55 PST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Jay Smith <goannaman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Granted they would want Mellar dead, but I don't understand the urgency,
> given the scope of operations.

Again, I don't recall the book too well, but I would think that for
every day in which Mellar roams free, the Jhereg fear that his crime
will become known. The moment enemies of the Jhereg find out that
someone stole 8 million from them and is currently drinking wine at
Castle Black, the Jhereg reputation is irreversibly harmed. Sure, they
can still kill him, but there's no way to undo the fact that his crime
was successful, for a time.

Eugene Z
http://blog.eugenez.net