[Dragaera] distributed computing / brain effort for searches

Thomas M. Coyle zxcasd at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 20:26:00 PST 2010

No need - I have all of the texts in searchable, convertible electronic
format (except for Iorich, at the moment, but I'm working on that - just
need to unbound my copy and fire up the auto-feed scanner) as well as in
bound form, so that I can carry them with me on lightly-packed trips easily;
I'm happy to do textual searches such as this as needed.

Of course, I've also read the entire as-currently-published Dragaera series
at least once a year since I first picked up Jhereg in high school, so I can
generally decide pretty quickly whether a search is warranted. In this
particular case, I was pretty sure that I'd remembered "RHOTJ" being
mentioned very early in the series, and had immediate access to my
electronic library, so a 30-second search did the trick.

Google Books has most of the texts as well, but with significant portions
omitted. I've found the electronic copies to be invaluable.

---

Message: 9