[Dragaera] Vlad vs Dumbledore

Michael Wojcik mwojcik at newsguy.com
Thu Mar 11 06:51:01 PST 2010

Jeffrey Kiok wrote:
> Isn't there a saying about subtle wizards, knives and shoulder blades?

Doesn't apply, because nothing in the Potter books is at all subtle or
stylish.[1,2]

[1] I know, I know, lots of people like them. And I admit I've only
managed to slog through half of the series so far, and friends say it
gets better. Hard to believe it gets *that* much better, though.
Still, props to Rowling for getting a great many people to read
fantasy novels; and it's nice to see someone get rich for actually
doing something that makes people happy.

[2] And, I know, "no matter how subtle" would also apply to zero
subtlety. But that spoils the joke.

--
Michael Wojcik
Micro Focus